NRK Aachen Rehabilitation Center
Our Neurological, Orthopedic and Psychosomatic Rehabilitation Center in Aachen offers on 4000m2 modern, scientifically based therapy for patients with neurological, neurosurgical, neuroorthopedic, orthopedic and psychosomatic disorders. A highly qualified and specialised medical team under supervision of
Dr. med. M. Zakzuk, Medical Director
Dr. med. A. Brosig, Medical Director & Head of Psychosomatic Rehab. department
G. Polis, Head of Neurological Rehabilitation & Traumatology Department
Dr. med. F. Karbach, Senior Consultant Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
assisted by our rehabilitation specialists, medical interns and highly specialized therapists and nursing team, provide high quality intensive rehabilitative treatment for your patients.
One of our unique specializations is providing
- neuropsychological diagnostics and treatment
- as well as psychotherapeutic treatment
- also in english and in arabic language
Dr. med. M. Zakzuk absolved her clinical training and achieved her certificates in the fields of neurology and psychiatry in the University Hospitals of Cologne, Germany. She obtained her doctoral degree from the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelm-University Bonn.
Between 2000 and 2006 she worked as a neurology senior consultant and trustee in the Neurological Early Rehabilitation Center Rehanova in Cologne, then left to devote herself to the NRK-Rehabilitation Center in Aachen.
She is a member of many scientific associations, such as the German Neurologists Association, the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology, the German Medical Society of Acupuncture, the German Society of Neurorehabilitation, the Federal Association of Ambulatory Neurological Rehabilitation, the Federal Association of Day Care Psychosomatic Rehabilitation, the Union of Arabic Physicians in Europe.
In addition she is Chairman of the NEuRegio e.V., which is a charitable organization / association for support and promotion of Neurorehabilitation in the Euregio region, and founding-member of the KVsG e.V. (Cologne Association for Mental Health).
Since 2005, Dr. med. Zakzuk works as a medical expert and supervisor over the assessment and final reviews of medical reports published by rehabilitation centers all over Germany, as a part of a medical quality protection program of the main German health insurance Companies.
DIAGNOSTIC MEASURES IMPLEMENTED BY THE NRK AACHEN
General medical diagnostics:
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- 24-hour blood pressure measurment
- Body fat analysis
- Bone densitometry (Clinic Dr. Karbach)
- Laboratory investigations and microbiology
All radiological investigations including CT, MRI and nuclear investigations in our Cooperation Center
Medical Check-up Services:
- General check-up
- Neuro check-up
- Musculoskeletal check-up
Neurological functional diagnostics:
- Electroenzephalography (EEG), brain mapping
- Electroneurography (ENG)
- Somatosensory evoked Potentials (SSEP)
- Acustic evoked Potentials (AEP)
- Visually evoked Potentials (VEP)
- Motor evoked Potentials (MEP)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Extracranial and transcranial Dopplersonography
- Extracranial and transcranial color-coded Duplexsonography
Comprehensive rehabilitation-specific diagnostic measures, such as:
- Muscle function analysis, computerised
- Gait analysis
- Computerized Arm-hand function analysis
- Manual therapeutic assessment
- Neuropsychological / cognitive assessment
- and many more rehabilitation-specific assessments …
The NRK Rehabilitation Center in Aachen offers a modern, scientifically based therapy for neurological, neurosurgical, neuro-orthopedic, orthopedic and psychosomatic disorders such as:
Neurological / Neurosurgical / Neuroorthopedic Disorders such as:
- Sequelae of haemorrhagic or ischaemic stroke or of acquired brain injury with spastic hemiparesis/hemiplegia, aphasia and apraxia
- Sequelae of polytraumatic injuries, with vertebral column and spinal injuries as paraparesis, quadriparesis and incontinence
- Cerebral palsy
- Demyelination disorders as multiple sclerosis
- Degenerative brain disorders as Parkinson´s disease, focal dystony, writing disorders
- Peripheral nervous system disorders as diabetic polyneuropathy, Guillain-Barre syndrome, Nerve root disorders, nerve plexus lesions, peripheral nerve injuries
- Neuropsychological disorders such as disorders of attention, memory, executive function, frontal lobe dysfunction, aphasia, apraxia and speech apraxia.
- Psychosomatic motor disorders e.g. psychosomatic gait disorder
- Neuropathic pain syndrome, cranial facial pain as tension headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, cervical headache, atypical facial pain.
- Muscular disorders
- Spinal disorders as cervical myelopathy, syringomyelia,
- Neuro-otological disorders as balance disorders, dizziness
- Sequelae following inflammatory and infectious diseases of the central nervous system, eg meningitis/ encephalitis
- Low back pain
- Cervical/lumbar disc disorders and injuries
- Spinal canal stenosis
- Phantom pain after amputation
Orthopedic Disorders such as:
- Vertebral column disorders and injuries
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Post-operative spondylodiscitis
- Knee disorders
- Chronic arthrosis
- Rheumatic disorders
- Shoulder injuries, rotator cuff tears, Frozen shoulder
- Rehabilitation after joint replacements (hip-/knee-/shoulder-/elbow-replacements)
- Amputations and prosthetic treatment for upper and lower limbs
- Functional disorders due to sports injuries, as knee injuries, anterior cruciate ligament injury, tennis elbow, etc..
- Optimizing motor and balance functions after injuries
- Regaining maximal endurance after injuries
- Preventive training
- Anxiety disorders, social phobia
- Depressive disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorders
- Somatoform disorders
- Sleeping disorders
Our team, that consists of 62 members working under the supervision of Dr. med. Magdah Zakzuk, Medical Director and Ms. Ute Gilberg, Administrative Director has put a great value on your comfort and satisfaction. Therefore, we would like to introduce you to some of our provided services, designed to make your stay more comfortable, allowing you to a better focus upon your treatment in order to reach the best possible results.
Ms. Rempel welcomes you at our reception desk and answers all your questions for the period of your stay at our clinic. She also will provide you with your therapy program for the next day, as well as with the weekly menu, so you can choose yoour meals (halal food, free of pork).
All medical, neuropsychological and psychological therapies can be attended in English or Arabic.
Dr. med. Magdah Zakzuk, Medical Director
- Specialist for Neurology and Psychiatry
- Medical Acupuncture
- Nutritional medicine
- Traffic medicine
- Expert lector in human resources development
Email : email@example.com
Dr. med. A. Brosig, Deputy Medical Director
- Specialist for Neurology and Psychiatry
- Traffic medicine
- Specialist for Neurology and Rehabilitation
- Specialist for Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Physical Medicine
- Sports Medicine
AND OUR COOPERATING EXPERTS
- Prof. Dr. Th. Rommel (Neurosurgery)
and several cooperation specialists in the fields of Internal Medicine, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Natural Healing Processes, ENT, etc.
Get in touch
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]